10.25.2011

Ghostbusters (1984) - M3.4/E7



This was a great movie, and believe it or not, I've never seen it in its 27 years of existence! It was a lot better than I had anticipated, and I had a lot of fun watching it in the theater. Bill Murray really made the film great, and Aykroyd and Ramis did a great job with the script and playing the most enthused and geeky parapsychology professors. I’m sure the purpose of the theater screening was to get us excited for Ghostbusters III coming out sometime next year. There’s still one more showing this Thursday, check your local listings for it.

I'm sure the main reason that I wasn't introduced to this movie as a kid is that it is not appropriate for young children, and if created today would probably garner a PG-13 rating due to a bit of sexual innuendo and coarse language.

This type of film is not meant to do anything but make us laugh. Laughter is healthy, but cheap laughs centered around sex are unnecessary for a great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment